Low-Fat Spinach Pesto
Pesto is a flavorful sauce usually made with a lot of oil, nuts, and cheese. This slimmed-down version is just as delicious as the regular kind.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, combine spinach, garlic, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper and process until finely chopped.
- With motor running, slowly add olive oil and lemon juice, then add enough water to make a thick sauce. Add cheese and mix well. To store, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze for longer storage.