Low-Fat Squash Casserole
This is a comforting, hearty, but still healthy fall side dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash purée
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 oz. shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, salt, pepper, cheese, and Egg Beaters. Spread squash mixture in baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with panko crumbs. Return dish to oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown on top.