Low-Fat Tomato and Garlic Bruschetta
Bruschetta is a great appetizer during the fresh tomato season. It’s easy to prepare and bursts with flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into ½” slices
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil leaves in a medium bowl.
- Place bread slices on a large baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Broil for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top each slice with tomato mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.