Low-Fat Zucchini Bake
This casserole not only serves as a delicious side dish, it is filling enough to serve as an entire vegetarian entrée. As an entrée it should provide 3 servings.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 can (15 oz.) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Coat a 9" × 13" baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add zucchini to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
- Pour zucchini mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover with bread crumbs. Sprinkle both cheeses over bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly around the edges.