Low-Fat Zucchini Muffins
Here’s a way to consume that bumper crop of zucchini. These moist muffins are absolutely delicious and freeze beautifully, so you can bake several batches to enjoy in colder weather.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-muffin tin lightly with oil or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place zucchini into a mixing bowl and add the egg whites, sugar, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well. Add the baking powder and stir. Add in the flours, then the walnuts and raisins, and stir just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the muffin cups. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Muffins are done when tester inserted in center comes clean.
- Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool.