Low-FODMAP Marinara Sauce
If you’ve been following the low-FODMAP diet you know most marinara and pasta sauces are made with high FODMAPs such as onions and garlic. This sauce is a lifesaver! Make ahead of time to use with different recipes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (35 oz.) San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add tomatoes to a large mixing bowl. Using your hands or a potato masher, crush the tomatoes and break up into small pieces.
- Heat both oils in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add crushed red pepper and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes and salt; stir well.
- Increase heat to high and bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, keeping sauce at a rolling simmer.
- Uncover and cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or in freezer for 5–6 months.