Low-FODMAP Potato Soup
Filling and hearty, this soup is great for a cold day.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 6 cups lactose-free milk
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- ¼ lb. grated Cheddar cheese, plus extra for serving
- ¼ lb. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, green part only, sliced
- Boil potatoes in a large pot until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and add potatoes to a food processor; blend until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add 3 cups milk to pan with salt and pepper; stir until there are no lumps. Add puréed potatoes and remaining milk and increase heat to medium-high; bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- After boiling, turn heat off and add cheese and 1 green onion. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately in soup bowls. Top each bowl of soup with some additional Cheddar cheese and remaining sliced green onion.