Low-Salt Breaded Fish
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices (1 oz. each) French bread
- 2 tsp. herbes de Provence
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large lemons
- 1½ lbs. halibut fillets
- Spectrum Naturals Canola Spray Oil with Butter Flavor
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Treat a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add the bread, herbes de Provence, and pepper to the bowl of a food processor or a blender; process to mix and create bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Cut 1 lemon into thin slices. Arrange the slices in the bottom of the prepared dish. Grate the zest from the second lemon, then cut it in half and squeeze the juice into a shallow dish. Combine the grated zest with the prepared bread crumbs; set aside.
- Dip the fish pieces in the lemon juice and set them on the lemon slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the fish pieces. Lightly mist the bread crumbs with the spray oil. Bake until the crumbs are lightly browned and the fish is opaque, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.