Low-Salt Butternut Squash Bisque
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups diced, peeled butternut squash
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the squash, onion, and celery; sauté until the onion has softened, about 2 minutes. Add the bay leaf, oregano, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to cream the soup. Serve warm.