Low-Salt Shrimp Creole
This spicy and beautiful shrimp dish is made for special occasions. Serve over cooked brown or white rice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded finely diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. salt-free chili seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. peeled shrimp, tails removed
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except shrimp and stir well to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low if sauce begins to splatter.
- Stir in the shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaves from pan. Serve immediately.