Low-Sodium Ground Beef Tacos
This mini fiesta will feed 6 people, always a great excuse to have friends over for margaritas. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ground sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 package low-sodium flour tortillas, warmed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Place the ground beef, onion, and garlic into a sauté pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the beef is browned, roughly 3–5 minutes.
- Once beef is cooked, lower heat to medium-low and add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, vinegar, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Simmer, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Remove sauté pan from heat. Stir in cilantro, then divide evenly between the tortillas.
- Garnish with tomato and jalapeno. Serve with lime wedges.