Low-Sugar Baked Apples
This is a tasty way to use apples in the autumn, and is so much healthier than apple pie.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large apples, cored and cut in half
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 packed Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. oatmeal
- Canola spray oil with butter flavor
- ⅛ cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Treat an ovenproof dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the apples cut-side up in the prepared dish and brush 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice over each apple.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oatmeal, and raisins evenly divide over the apples. Mist the top of the apples with the spray oil. Add the water to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the apples are fork tender. Serve hot or cold.