Low-Sugar Banana Nut Bread
This is a low-GI take on traditional homemade banana bread without compromising taste or quality.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda No Calorie Granulated Sweetener
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix butter, mashed bananas, egg, vanilla, and Splenda.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture, stirring to moisten dry ingredients. Mix in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes.