Low-Sugar Chocolate Sauce
This sauce will keep nicely in the refrigerator. Use it as a base for other desserts or spoon it over ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. no-calorie sweetener such as Splenda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. instant espresso
- 1 cup cold water
- Whisk all the ingredients together until all of the lumps are gone.
- Place in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool, and pour into a jar for use as needed.