Lower-Fat Pasta Carbonara
Pancetta is a delicate Italian meat similar to bacon. It can be cooked in much the same way and is deliciously crispy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. While the pasta cooks, whisk the Egg Beaters, 1⁄3 cup Parmesan, Pecorino, and salt in a medium mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- As soon as the spaghetti is done, fold the egg mixture into the drained hot spaghetti. Add the bacon. Top with pepper and reserved Parmesan.