Luscious Ricotta Griddlecakes with Strawberry Sauce
Preparing the batter in your blender makes it velvety smooth and cuts down on time in the kitchen.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 23 minutesTotal: 28 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 whole large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup plus 1 Tbsp. rice or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for sautéing
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- Whirl ricotta, eggs, flour, vanilla, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter in your blender, adding them in the order given above, finishing with the melted butter.
- Set your griddle over medium heat and melt a liberal amount of butter on it. When the butter foams, start dropping cakes by ¼ cupfuls on the griddle.
- After 4 minutes, turn and cook the other side. Stack on a platter in a low (200°F) oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries and sugar over medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the fruit starts to break down. Serve over the griddlecakes.