M&M'S® Brownie Mix
Homemade brownies can dry out and go bad before people get to enjoy them. Here's a better way: Brownie mix in a jar!
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup each (per jar) M&M'S®
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix for 5 minutes on low, scraping the sides down as necessary, until the mixture comes completely together and has a sand consistency.
- Fill a jar with 2½ cups of brownie mix. Attach a bag with ½ cup M&M'S® to the side of the jar.
- On a tag, write directions for the brownies: Mix jar of brownie mix with 2 beaten eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and attached bag of chocolates. Pour into 8” baking dish. Bake at 350ºF for 18-22 minutes, until tester comes out mainly clean.