“Mac” and Cheese
You can make this “Mac” and Cheese gluten-free by omitting the breadcrumbs.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup coarse breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill a double boiler with water and bring water to a boil. Cut cauliflower into small pieces and place in the top portion of the double boiler. Steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from double boiler and place in a strainer.
- Melt cream cheese in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream and whisk until combined. Whisk in Cheddar cheese, pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Once cheese has melted, remove from heat.
- Transfer strained cauliflower to a 9" × 9" baking dish. Pour in cheese mixture and toss to coat cauliflower. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.