Mac and Cheese Taco Bake
Let the fiesta begin with this zesty take on taco night!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook macaroni according to package directions, more al dente than soft; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, bell peppers, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix together with hands.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add beef mixture and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta and cream cheese; stir to combine. Top with Cheddar. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.