Mac ‘n’ Cheeze
This dish is so creamy, non-vegans wouldn’t know it wasn’t made with real cheese!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. brown rice pasta noodles
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 2 3⁄4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dairy-free cheese shreds
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and continue whisking constantly 3 minutes or until flour smells toasty but hasn’t browned. In a steady stream, whisk in almond milk, stirring constantly. Add yeast mixture and vinegar. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese shreds and mix until well incorporated. Add pasta and toss with sauce, black pepper, and remaining salt. Cook 2 minutes more to reheat pasta. Sprinkle on paprika. Serve immediately.