Macaroni and Cheese Muffins
A favorite with kids, macaroni and cheese isn’t always easy to send off in a lunch box. Make a big batch of this recipe to have on hand for lunches or for after school snacks. It can be enjoyed cold or stored in a thermal container for lunch to keep warm.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (14 oz.) Kroger® Deluxe Original Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 Kroger® Grade A Large Eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Vitamin D Whole Milk
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Kroger® Green Peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger Smoked Turkey Sausage, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection™ Parmesan Herb Panko Bread Crumbs
- 12 muffin liner papers
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin papers. Prepare the macaroni and cheese mix according to package directions and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and milk together and stir in the prepared macaroni and cheese. Stir in the shredded cheese, peas and diced turkey sausage.
- Divide the macaroni and cheese mixture into the 12 lined muffin tins. Sprinkle each with the bread crumbs and bake for 20-25 minutes until set. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Eat warm or allow to cool completely before storing in the freezer in an airtight container. These will keep for at least 2 months in the freezer.