Use metal Madeleine pans for best results with these. If you use the smaller size, you will get 36 rather than 24 Madeleines.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease Madeleine molds, making sure all ridges are well greased. Dust with flour.
- Whip eggs and salt on high speed with a whisk attachment until tripled in volume, about 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar until ribbons form when you lift beaters. Fold in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Sift flour over egg mixture; fold in carefully. Fold in butter until well mixed. Spoon batter into molds, filling about 2⁄3 full.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Unmold immediately. Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.