Use metal Madeleine pans for best results with these. If you use the smaller size, you will get 36 rather than 24 Madeleines.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- 4 large eggs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease Madeleine molds, making sure all ridges are well greased. Dust with flour.
- Whip eggs and salt on high speed with a whisk attachment until tripled in volume, about 3–4 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar until ribbons form when you lift beaters. Fold in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Sift flour over egg mixture; fold in carefully. Fold in butter until well mixed. Spoon batter into molds, filling about ⅔ full.
- Bake 8–10 minutes. Unmold immediately. Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.