Make-Ahead Corn Bread Stuffing
Try adding 8 ounces of sausage or bacon to this stuffing, or use a flavored corn bread for a different taste. When you’re ready to bake the stuffing, defrost it in the refrigerator, then bake, uncovered in a 350ºF oven for 30 minutes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and onions and cook until the onions are very tender, about 15 minutes. Move to a mixing bowl.
- Add seasonings and bread. Slowly stir in broth until bread is well moistened. Move into a greased casserole dish that is both freezer- and oven-safe. Wrap with aluminum and plastic wrap. Label and freeze.