Make-Ahead Freezer Beef Stroganoff
Serve this Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles or rice. Don’t forget to serve bread so you can soak up every last bit of the delicious sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. top round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a 1-gallon zip-top plastic bag, put flour, salt, and pepper. Add beef and shake to coat completely. Heat oil in skillet. Add beef and brown on all sides, about 7 to 10 minutes. In separate bowl, mix soup and water. Slowly add soup and water to skillet, scraping the bottom as you mix with beef. Add mushrooms and wine.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Scrape the bottom of the skillet when you stir. Cool and freeze in freezer bag.
- When ready to cook, heat defrosted stroganoff on medium-low 30 to 45 minutes or until it is thoroughly heated. Remove 1 cup of the hot sauce and stir it into the sour cream. Return the sour cream mixture to the pot and serve immediately.