Make-Ahead Freezer Beef Taquitos
Make these delicious Tex-Mex snacks the next time you have leftover brisket or pot roast, then store them in the freezer for a quick meal.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 24 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded leftover brisket or chuck roast
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Using tongs, dip a corn tortilla in the hot oil for just a few seconds, and then turn it over. Hold it above the skillet so it can drain, then lay it on your work surface. Repeat with remaining tortillas and oil.
- Spoon the shredded beef onto half the tortilla and top with Cheddar cheese. Roll the tortilla up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Freeze taquitos individually, then transfer to a freezer bag.
- Put frozen taquitos in the oven at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes until they are fully heated. To microwave frozen taquitos, cook for 1 minute 30 seconds. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.