Make-Ahead Freezer Bourbon-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
These delicious sweet potatoes go straight from the freezer to oven!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Boil in water until a fork inserts easily into the potatoes. Drain and whip potatoes in large mixing bowl. To potatoes add 1⁄2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, light cream, and bourbon. Mix well and add to casserole dish.
- In separate bowl prepare topping: Mix the flour and remaining brown sugar. Cut in the remaining butter until crumbly. Mix in chopped pecans. Add topping to the casserole dish, wrap tightly, and freeze.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 90 minutes or until heated through.