Make-Ahead Freezer Cornbread Stuffing
This stuffing is a real crowd pleaser! You can make this side dish into a main dish by adding cubed cooked chicken into the stuffing.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (6 oz.) cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bake cornbread according to package directions and cool. Crumble into pieces.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté chopped onion and celery over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove skillet from heat and add the soups, broth, and crumbled cornbread. Add sage, salt, and pepper. Mix well and freeze in freezer bag.
- To cook stuffing, pour defrosted stuffing into a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until firm.