Make-Ahead French Dressing Mix
This dressing tastes delicious over salad. Try giving the packets as gifts.
Makes: 5Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. dry yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 3 cups extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup, divided
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- Combine sugar, paprika, mustard, salt, and onion powder in a small bowl and stir to distribute evenly. Divide into 4 bags or jars, 1⁄4 cup per container. Mix will keep for 6 months.
- To make dressing, combine each 1⁄4 cup dressing packet with 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 6 tablespoons ketchup, and 1⁄4 cup vinegar. Shake until well blended. Chill before serving.