Make-Ahead Holiday Tetrazzini
This recipe makes the most of holiday leftovers - use leftover ham, turkey, chicken or a combination. This versatile classic can be made up to one day before baking.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 36 minutesTotal: 51 minutes
- 1 package (8 oz.) Kroger® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kroger® Italian Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chicken, ham or a combination, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Combine cream cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, milk and chicken broth in a large bowl.
- Cook linguine according to package directions to al dente.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; sauté 6 minutes or until onions are softened and mushrooms have released their liquid. Add to reserved cream cheese mixture; stir to combine.
- Add cooked linguine, cubed meat and peas to cream cheese mixture; add ¾ cup Parmesan and stir to combine. Transfer to a 13”x9” baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining Parmesan. Bake immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- To bake: preheat oven to 350°F. If refrigerated let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, Bake, covered, 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Refrigerate leftovers.