Make-Ahead Marinara Sauce
Because this recipe freezes well, you can save yourself some time down the road by making a double batch and freezing what you don’t use for later.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz.) sugar-free tomato sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Heat butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and seasonings. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in airtight container.