Make-Ahead Tex-Mex Beef Stew
Whip up a scrumptious and hearty Tex-Mex meal that you can assemble, freeze and cook later!
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 6 hoursTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds Simple Truth Organic™ Beef for Stew Meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth™ Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic ™ Black Beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- Simple Truth™ Cilantro and Tortilla Chips, if desired
- In a medium bowl or gallon-size plastic bag, toss stew meat and flour, then place in slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until vegetables are soft and beef has reached an internal temperature of at least 160°F.
- Allow stew to cool slightly, then remove from slow cooker and continue to cool in the refrigerator until the stew has reached room temperature or cooler. Add stew to a gallon-sized freezer bag and place in the freezer until ready to eat.
- To serve, thaw stew in the refrigerator overnight. Add stew to a large stock pot and cook over medium heat until temperature has reached 160°F.
- Top with fresh cilantro and tortilla chips, for serving