Make-Ahead Tuna Sandwiches
Make these sandwiches ahead of time for a luncheon party or simply to pack in lunch boxes. Cream cheese and Miracle Whip make a delicious sandwich spread that isn’t affected by freezing. You can use any cooked chopped meat in this easy recipe. The sandwiches can be served immediately without freezing.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 cans (6 oz.) chunk tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallions
- 3⁄4 cup minced celery
- 3⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 24 slices whole wheat bread
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip and beat until smooth. Stir in tuna, scallions, celery, bell pepper, and lemon juice. Blend well to combine.
- Spread softened butter thinly on each slice of bread and spread tuna filling to make sandwiches. Wrap in freezer wrap and place in gallon freezer bag. Label sandwiches and freeze.
- To thaw: Let thaw overnight in refrigerator, or add to brown bag lunches in the morning and let thaw until lunchtime. (Make sure sandwiches are eaten within 2 hours of being completely thawed.)