Make It Simple Meat Sauce
Pasta with meat sauce is always a family favorite—loaded with protein, iron, healthy carbohydrates, fiber, and vitamin C—all in one meal. Add a crunchy Bibb lettuce salad, with a low-fat dressing, and itʼs perfect!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced peeled garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground sirloin
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onion until soft. Add ground sirloin and cook through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in the large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for at least 1 hour.