Mango Chili Sorbet
Based on the Mexican fruit with chili snack, this nondairy frozen treat is perfect on a hot day. For ultra-smooth ice, purée the mixture 2 or 3 times. Or just enjoy it chunky.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp. chili salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. You may need to add just a little bit of water.
- Pour mixture into large bowl. Cover and put in freezer for 2 hours.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and purée in blender again.
- Freeze mixture again until solid. Serve with a sprinkling of chili salt.