Mango Corn Bread
Serve for breakfast to accompany your favorite egg dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 large mango
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 3 cups masa harina
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Peel the onion and chop into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Remove the skin and seeds from the mango; cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeño and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 35 minutes.