Mango Corn Bread
Serve for breakfast to accompany your favorite egg dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 large mango
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 3 cups masa harina
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Peel the onion and chop into ¼" pieces. Remove the skin and seeds from the mango; cut into ¼" pieces. Remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeño and cut into ¼" pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 35 minutes.