Mango Cream Pie
This pie is easy to make with bottled mango slices, which have the taste of fresh mango but not the texture. If you have leftover puree, just freeze it in ice cube trays, then place in a freezer bag for longer storage.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (20 oz.) mango slices
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup reserved mango juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 spring mint
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, coconut, and melted butter; mix well. Press into bottom and up sides of 9" pie plate. Bake at 375°F for 8–10 minutes until coconut begins to brown; watch carefully. Set aside to cool completely.
- Drain mango slices, reserving ¼ cup juice; puree mango slices in blender; measure out 1 cup puree. Freeze any remaining puree. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, then add condensed milk and 1 cup mango puree; beat until smooth.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine reserved ¼ cup mango juice, lemon juice, and unflavored gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften, then microwave on high power for 20–30 seconds; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Fold into mango mixture along with salt. In small bowl, beat cream with vanilla and powdered sugar; fold into mango mixture.
- Pour mango mixture into cooled pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until firm. Garnish with fresh mango slices and mint leaves.