Sink your teeth into tender chunks of mango and a cinnamon-scented crust! For a juicier filling, omit the cornstarch. Can’t find mangoes? Substitute 4 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, or another favorite fruit instead. This is delicious served warm or cool.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, cored, and cut into 1" chunks
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ tsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Get out an 8" square baking pan and set aside.
- Place mangoes, brown sugar, cornstarch, and fresh ginger in a medium mixing bowl and toss well to coat. Turn mixture out into the baking pan and spread to even.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flours, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Add oil and squeeze the mixture with your hands to form a coarse sand-like crumb. Sprinkle mixture evenly over fruit.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake 25 minutes until fruit is tender.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool.