Mango-Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
Sweet mangos and a kick of habanero make game day wings a winner! Finishing the baked wings in a slow cooker or in the oven gives you some options for optimal serving.
Serves: 30Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds chicken wing drummettes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 mango, cut in chunks
- 1 habanero chili, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil and spray with nonstick spray, or use nonstick foil.
- Place chicken in 1 gallon resealable bag; add oil, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Seal bag; toss to coat chicken.
- Arrange chicken in single layer on baking sheet. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and middle of chicken is at least 165°F.
- Meanwhile, in bowl of food processor, blend mango, chili, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, honey and ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Spray 3½-5 quart slow cooker with nonstick spray*. Place baked wings in slow cooker; stir in mango mixture. Heat over low heat 30-60 minutes; stir before serving.
- *To glaze wings in oven, place baked wings in large bowl; stir in mango mixture. Drain drippings from foil-lined pan. Return glazed wings to lined baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes longer or until mango mixture is hot and glazes chicken.