Mango Jicama Tacos with Chili-Lime Black Bean Purée
These loaded tacos are as beautiful as they are satisfying. The contrast between the black bean purée, white cheese and bright mango is both visually appealing and a perfect complement of flavors. Add some jicama and this meal is an all-around winner.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces jicama, chopped into thin sticks
- 8 ounces frozen mango chunks, thawed and diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeño, diced
- Salt, optional
- Pepper, optional
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm black beans. In a food processor, purée beans, Greek yogurt, chili powder and lime juice.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook tortillas for 1 minute on each side.
- In each tortilla, place a scoop of black bean purée. Top with cheese, jicama and mango. Garnish with cilantro and jalapeño.