Mango Mousse (Aam Ka Meetha)
A specialty of the new Indian generation.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (15 oz.) Alphonso mango slices, drained
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg white
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and diced
- Add the water to a small pan on low heat. Dissolve the gelatin slowly. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the mango slices, sugar, and cream. Add the gelatin to the mango mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- Whip the egg white until it forms peaks. Then fold it into the mango mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill. Garnish with fresh mango.