Mango Tres Leches
This Mango Tres Leches cake stands out among any store-bought creations thanks to the addition of tropical mango.
Serves: 12Prep: 7 hoursCook: 25 minutesTotal: 7 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mango pulp
- 1 cup condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking dish with non-stick spray and dust with flour.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whip together sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and airy. Add flour mixture and milk, in stages, until fully combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan; bake 22–26 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove cake let cool 30–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream, evaporated milk, condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and mango pulp until smooth.
- Poke cake with fork or skewer until it's full of holes. Pour milk mixture over and refrigerate for 6 hours.