Mangú Con Los Tres Golpes (Plantains with Salami & Eggs)
This traditional Dominican dish is made simple for busy days. The plantains cook in the Instant Pot while the eggs, salami and cheese are pan-fried on the stovetop.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 4 green plantains, ends trimmed and peels scored
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 8 slices salami Dominicano* (can be substituted with beef summer sausage or mild chorizo)
- 8 slices queso frito Dominicano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plantain cooking water, as needed
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In Instant Pot, arrange plantains and cover with water. Seal and allow to preheat. On manual pressure setting, cook 15 minutes.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook salami until brown and crisp on both sides.
- Using flour, coat cheese lightly. Add to skillet; cook both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- In small skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons butter. Cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Remove plantain peels. Mash together plantains, 2 tablespoons butter and garlic. For smoother consistency, add plantain water. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pair mashed plantains with salami, cheese and eggs.