Manjarblanco Mini Potatoes
These Peruvian candies, covered in ground cinnamon and powdered sugar, look like tiny potatoes. Press to form small indentations before adding the cinnamon, and they will look perfect!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Put the evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until you can see the bottom of the pan, about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a ball, flatten it, wrap in plastic film, and refrigerate.
- When the mixture is completely cool, make little balls the size of cherries.
- On a plate, combine powdered sugar and ground cinnamon. Roll the candy over these and serve.