Maple Bread Pudding
This comforting bread pudding has the warm flavors of maple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It makes a great dessert or a nice breakfast. If you like, add a cup of golden raisins or chopped walnuts to this for a special treat!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 12 cups cubed French bread
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl add the eggs and whisk to break the yolks, then add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk well, then add the bread and stir to combine. Cover with plastic and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the soaked bread mixture into the prepared pan, making sure the bread is evenly distributed in the pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and flour until well mixed. Add the cubed butter and, with your fingers, rub the butter into the sugar mixture until the butter is well combined and the mixture is crumbly. Spread the mixture evenly over the bread and bake for 50 minutes or until the pudding is puffed all over and golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.