Maple Chickpea Snack Mix
This high protein, high fiber snack is perfect to grab on a fall day. It will keep you energized through any fall adventure!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, halved
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay the chickpeas on a double layer of paper towels and dry them so that no moisture remains. Remove any skins that come loose. Spread the dried chickpeas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Toss to coat, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the chickpeas, then add the pumpkin seeds and pecans. Bake 10 more minutes, until the chickpeas are brown and crisp.
- Allow pan to cool completely, then transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.