Maple Cinnamon Candied Nuts
These candied nuts are as delicious as they are easy. You don't need to be a baker or a professional chef to whip them up. With minimal work, you’ll have a personal and yummy gift for anyone on your list.
- 3 cups assorted raw nuts, like almonds and walnuts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- Whisk egg white, water and maple syrup until frothy, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in another bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg white mixture with nuts. Stir until completely combined. Add sugar mixture to nuts and egg white mixture. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread nuts evenly over parchment paper on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir the nuts on the pan. Let cool before serving.
- Tip: Even if the nuts don't look done after 20 minutes, take them out – the sugar mixture hardens and you don't want to burn them.
- Gifting tip: Package these nuts up in cute mason jars with a swatch of Christmas fabric on top. Or DIY decorate your own holiday mug: Fill it with nuts and wrap the whole thing in cellophane with a festive ribbon.