Maple Cinnamon Walnut Bread Pudding
When you’re craving a cinnamon bun, try this clean treat instead! It’s got many of the same flavors, but none of the butter and white sugar.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 10 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf stale whole wheat bread, torn into cubes
- 1½ cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Prepare a 9" x 13" baking dish with olive oil spray. Place the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs, and egg whites, and beat together to blend well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread cubes and sprinkle walnuts throughout; cover, refrigerate, and let the bread absorb the liquid overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, sprinkle the nutmeg over top, and bake for 35 minutes or until the pudding is firm and lightly browned.