Maple Corn Cakes
This is a wonderful quick meal for the kids. Serve with bacon, sausages, or ham and eggs, if you are really hungry.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups rice flour
- 5 tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter, divided
- 1½ cups corn kernels
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly add the syrup, milk, eggs, and 1 tablespoon butter, whisking to keep it light. Fold in the corn.
- Heat the skillet or griddle over medium heat and brush with remaining butter. Drop the cakes on the buttered griddle using a ladle. Fry until little bubbles form on the tops of the cakes. Turn and fry on the reverse side until golden brown.