Maple Glazed Salmon
A simple preparation yields divine results for this heart-healthy fish. Serve it with rice pilaf or over a bed of fresh leafy greens.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (6 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking dish, just large enough to hold the 4 salmon steaks, with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the salmon steaks in the baking dish and pour sauce over the top. Flip the steaks over a few times so the sauce soaks into both sides of the fish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes to see if the fish is cooking too fast. Fish is done when it flakes with a fork.