This sweet and savory side dish is perfect as the accompaniment to a hearty roast. Leftovers can be puréed and added into creamy vegetable soups.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and toss well to coat. Turn out onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the squash and sweet potato are tender and starting to brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.